At Limpsfield Grange, we expect parents/carers to:
- Encourage regular school attendance through working in partnership with the school and be aware of their legal responsibilities
- Ensure that their daughter arrives at school punctually and prepared for the school day
- Leave a message on the absence line by 8am every day that your daughter is unwell and unable to attend school
- Inform the school at least 24 hours in advance of an appointment that will require absence from school by sending an email to Mrs Matthews (email@example.com) and copying to the Deputy Headteacher (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Provide an appointment card or letter to support the absence, within 24 hours of the appointment taking place
Students who arrive after registers close at 9.05am will be recorded as late to school. Students arriving late must ensure they go straight to the school office to register. Students arriving late due to Home School Transport will not be penalised.
Students are not allowed to leave with a parent/carer during the school day without prior permission from the Deputy Headteacher. Wherever possible, parents should try to arrange medical and other appointments outside of the school day. Parents/carers are requested to inform the school at least 24 hours in advance of an appointment that will require absence from school by sending an email to Mrs Matthews (email@example.com) and copying to the Deputy Headteacher (firstname.lastname@example.org). Parents/carers must provide an appointment card or letter to support the absence, within 24 hours of the appointment taking place. Students must sign out at the office on leaving the school and sign back in on their return. Where a student is being collected from the school, parents/carers are requested to report to the school office before the student is allowed to leave the site.
The school holiday and INSET dates are published at the earliest opportunity and we expect parents/carers to book their family holidays during the school holidays. It is our policy not to authorise holidays in term time. The Education (Pupil Registration)(England)(Amendment) Regulations 2013, which became law on 1st September 2013 states that a Headteacher may not grant any leave of absence during term time unless there are exceptional circumstances. The Headteacher is also required to determine the number of school days a child can be away from school if leave is granted. Parents/carers who wish to take their daughter out of school during term time must put their request in writing to the Deputy Headteacher at least two weeks in advance of the date of the requested absence. Permission for authorised leave of absence can only be granted in exceptional circumstances, approved by the Headteacher. Where leave of absence is taken which does not fall into the exceptional circumstances category, it will be recorded on a student’s attendance record as unauthorised absence. Further information can be found in our Student Attendance Policy in the policies section.