There are three items of school uniform that are only available to purchase from school and these are the school jumper (£20), PE polo shirt (£9) and PE hoodie (£16). All other uniform can be purchased from a retailer of your choice. Some students like to wear a blazer, these are optional. If your daughter does want to wear a blazer, then a school badge for attaching to the blazer can be purchased from school (at a cost of £1.50). Please ensure all items are named. Uniform will be available to purchase, for new students, at the end of the second induction day in July. If you would like to purchase uniform in July, then please pay via Parentpay in advance, or by cash or cheque on the day.
- Black skirt or smart black trousers (not jeans or leggings)
- White polo shirt or white long or short sleeve shirt
- Black school jumper (available to purchase from school)
- Plain black shoes, boots or trainers
- White or black socks or black or natural colour tights
- Warm coat and/or waterproof jacket
- LGS polo shirt (available to purchase from school)
- LGS hoodie (available to purchase from the school)
- Black leggings, shorts or jogging bottoms
- Swimming costume
- Swimming towel
- Goggles and hat for swimming
Please pay for the items above using ParentPay and return the completed order form to the school office.
The only jewellery that is allowed is a watch, a Fitbit and one pair of small stud earrings (one earring each ear). Students are not allowed to wear any jewellery during PE or swimming. If your daughter has pierced ears, she must be able to remove her own earrings and be able to put them back in again, independently. No other piercings are allowed. Students will be asked to remove any other items of jewellery and these may be looked after by staff until the end of the school day. The school cannot accept any responsibility for jewellery worn at school. Nail varnish, French Manicure (white tip), acrylic or gel nails are not permitted and parents will be asked to support their daughter in removing these. There are currently no fixed rules about the presentation of hair, including colour. Long hair must be tied back for certain activities.
Students will be provided with a school planner. Replacement planners are available at a cost of £8. Students will need to have the following items at school:
- a bag, large enough to hold their belongings
- coloured pencils
- highlighter pens
- Scientific calculator
- glue stick
- pencil sharpener
- 30cm clear ruler
- whiteboard pen
- USB memory stick
- headphones (in ear or over ear)
- a folder to store homework in (student’s choice)
There are a limited number of lockers available. Students need to pay a £5 deposit to have a key.