National Autistic Society
Emma Whitfield, Branch Officer, tel: 07423 435413, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The NAS Surrey Branch is a volunteer-run parent to parent support group with around 1300 members in Surrey. We offer a variety of support groups, meetings and activities for families with children and adults with autism spectrum disorders. Details of all activities are published in the branch newsletter, produced every 2 months. It’s free to join – just go to https://nassurreybranch.org/membership/.
- Evening Talks: Once a month during term-time there are evening meetings with speakers, open to anyone with an interest in ASDs. Meetings take place in Guildford, Redhill and Woking.
- Coffee morning support groups: a chance for parents to meet others with children with ASDs. Coffee morning run throughout term-time in Woking, Guildford, Cobham, Walton, Addlestone, Chertsey, Dorking, Milford, Leatherhead, Farnham & Redhill.
- Parents of Adults group: this group meets once a month in the evenings for informal get-togethers.
- Parents of Girls Group: meets monthly in Woking and Guildford in mornings and evenings.
- Dads’ Group: a chance for fathers of children or adults with ASDs to meet in a member’s home for a meal and a chat. Meets every 3 or 4 months on a Friday evening.
- Online support group: the branch runs a moderated Yahoo! email group for members to share experiences and ask questions.
- Family activity events: we run events every few months for children and young people with ASDs and their siblings – including ice skating (Guildford); indoor climbing; children’s Christmas party and a cinema outing where we take over a whole cinema.
We also run an informative web site and have two libraries of books (based in East Surrey and West Surrey)
NAS Croydon Branch
07833 293263, email: email@example.com
The NAS Croydon Branch Parent Group aims to reduce some of the isolation felt by those who have received a diagnosis or are waiting to receive a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder for a family member. We provide: – monthly coffee morning – advice and information – the opportunity to meet other parents and carers in similar circumstances – a friendly and supportive environment. Please contact us for more information.
NAS Kingston Branch (SWAPS Kingston)
Sian Palin, Branch Officer KT6, tel: 07917 271350, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information emailed to members regarding Talks/Workshops we run, activities and any other relevant information that families require. We run family Sunday fun sessions once a month, no booking required.