We hold regular coffee mornings which allow parents the opportunity to meet other parents of Autistic children and share ideas and practices, details on the right of this page.
We also run regular parent/carer workshops.
Information emailed to members regarding Talks/Workshops we run, activities and any other relevant information that families require. We run family Sunday fun sessions once a month, no booking required.
The NAS Surrey Branch is a volunteer-run parent to parent support group with around 1300 members in Surrey. We offer a variety of support groups, meetings and activities for families with children and adults with autism spectrum disorders. Details of all activities are published in the branch newsletter, produced every 2 months. It’s free to join – just go to www.mugsy.org/membership.
- Evening Talks: Once a month during term-time there are evening meetings with speakers, open to anyone with an interest in ASDs. Meetings take place in Guildford, Redhill and Woking.
- Coffee morning support groups: a chance for parents to meet others with children with ASDs. Coffee mornings run throughout term-time in Woking, Guildford, Cobham, Walton, Addlestone, Chertsey, Dorking, Milford, Leatherhead, Farnham & Redhill.
- Parents of Adults group: this group meets once a month in the evenings for informal get-togethers.
- Parents of Girls Group: meets monthly yin Woking and Guildford in mornings and evenings.
- Dads’ Group: a chance for fathers of children or adults with ASDs to meet in a member’s home for a meal and a chat. Meets every 3 or 4 months on a Friday evening.
- Online support group: the branch runs a moderated Yahoo! email group for members to share experiences and ask questions.
- Family activity events: we run events every few months for children and young people with ASDs and their siblings – including ice skating (Guildford); indoor climbing; children’s Christmas party and a cinema outing where we take over a whole cinema.
We also run an informative web site and have two libraries of books (based in East Surrey and West Surrey).
The NAS Croydon Branch Parent Group aims to reduce some of the isolation felt by those who have received a diagnosis or are waiting to receive a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder for a family member. We provide: – monthly coffee morning – advice and information – the opportunity to meet other parents and carers in similar circumstances – a friendly and supportive environment. Please contact us for more information.