Dear Parents and Carers
Re: COVID–19 Advice for schools and educational settings
Public Health England have issued the following advice to schools on 25th February 2019.
1) If you have returned from the following areas since February 19, call NHS111 to inform them of your recent travel, stay indoors and avoid contact with other people even if you do not have symptoms:
- Specific lockdown areas in Northern Italy* as designated by the Government of Italy
- Daegu or Cheongdo, Republic of Korea)
- Hubei province, China (returned in the past 14 days)
* Bertonico • Casalpusterlengo • Castelgerundo • Castiglione D’Adda • Codogno • Fombio • Maleo • San Fiorano • Somaglia • Terranova dei Passerini: • Vo
2) If you have returned from the following areas since February 19th and develop symptoms, however mild, you should stay indoors at home and avoid contact with other people immediately and call NHS111. You do not need to follow this advice if you have no symptoms.
- Northern Italy (see map)
3) If you have returned to the UK from any of the following areas in the last 14 days and develop symptoms of cough or fever or shortness of breath, you should immediately stay indoors and avoid contact with other people, call NHS 111 to inform them of your recent travel to the country.
- Other parts of China outside Hubei province
- Republic of Korea
- Hong Kong
For more information please visit the Public Health England website.