Limpsfield Grange School Equality Information and Objectives
The Equality Act 2010 requires us to publish information that demonstrates that we have due regard for the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not share it.
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not share it.
Limpsfield Grange is an inclusive and diverse school community. Our aim is for all of our students to become happy, healthy, empowered and included adults, who participate in, and contribute towards society. To enable our students to be happy and active citizens we have created a curriculum underpinned by our four areas for development:
The areas of wellbeing, achievement, communication and independence (WACI areas) present the greatest barriers to learning and success for students at Limpsfield Grange. These are the areas that we seek to address in all that we do.
The Equality Act provides a framework to support our commitment to eliminate unlawful discrimination and harassment and promote equality of opportunity, good relations and positive attitudes between people of diverse backgrounds.
Our approach to equality is based on the following key principles:
- All learners are of equal value
- We respect and celebrate difference
- We foster positive attitudes and relationships and a sense of cohesion and belonging
- We aim to reduce and remove inequalities and barriers that already exist
- We have the highest expectations of all of our students
We have 94 students on roll, all are female and 94% of our populations have received a diagnosis of autism. The majority (93%) are of White British background, with 7% of our cohort coming from other ethnic backgrounds. 18% of our student population is eligible for Free School Meals and 21% of our student population is eligible for Pupil Premium funding. An additional 4% of our population is in receipt of Pupil Premium Plus funding.
Our Equality Objectives for 2021/22
Limpsfield Grange School is committed to ensuring equality of education and opportunity for all staff, students, parents and carers, irrespective of race, gender, disability, belief, religion or socio-economic background.
In order to further support students and raise standards we have set the following objective:
- To improve knowledge, skills and abilities to enable students to appreciate and value difference and diversity.
More detailed information on Equality practices and procedures at the school can be found in the following documents in the policies section of this website:
Related policies and documents
|• Attendance Policy
• Behaviour Policy
• COVID-19 school closure arrangements for Safeguarding and Child Protection
• Complaints Policy & Procedures
• Complaints Guidance for Students
• Equalities Policy
• Guidance for the promotion of respect, tolerance, socially acceptable behaviour and developing responsible citizens (previously known as the Anti Bullying Policy)
|· Lettings Policy
· Missing Student Policy and Procedure
· Online Safety Policy
· Prevent Risk Assessment
· Recruitment and Retention Policy
· Speaking Out & Whistle-Blowing Policy
· Staff Behaviour Policy and Acceptable use of Technology Code of Conduct