Limpsfield Grange School is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of children’s welfare. All appointments are subject to an enhanced criminal records check. The school follows the safer recruiting guidance, and references will be requested prior to interview.
Full Time Primary Teacher
required from September 2020
Salary: Main Scale/Upper Pay Scale plus SEN Allowance
We are looking for a primary qualified teacher or a secondary teacher interested in teaching a range of subjects to join our teaching community to teach a range of subjects.
The successful candidate will be a qualified teacher with experience in the primary KS3 or special sectors. NQTs are also welcome to apply.
Closing Date: 12.00 noon on Friday 22nd May 2020
We reserve the right to appoint before the closing date
SEND Adviser and Annual Review Lead
27 hours per week
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8.30am-4.30pm and Friday 8.30am to 1pm
Salary: PS7 £27,641 per annum (£17,670 pro-rata) 39 weeks of the year (term time plus 5 INSET days)
To start as soon as possible
We are looking for an organised professional who has an excellent knowledge of the SEND landscape and legislation along with highly refined interpersonal skills. The role requires you to develop and maintain mutually productive relationships with colleagues, partners, agencies and most importantly our students and their families.
The role is one that may be of interest to psychology or other social science graduates. It will also appeal to those who work with children and young people with SEND in educational settings. You will work within statutory requirements and be responsible for the organisation and leading of all of the school’s Annual Review of EHCP meetings and providing advice and guidance to young people and parents/carers regarding the options available to them in education, training or employment and support in transition planning. You will be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of our students, as well as demonstrating the following skills:
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation, statutory frameworks and policy affecting services for children, young people and families in relation to SEND.
- Experience of building and maintaining strong and successful relationships with a range of people, including those who are difficult to engage.
- Have a high level of determination, personal drive, energy and ambition to achieve challenging targets, problem solve and improve outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator with exceptional organisational skills.
- Experience of using Microsoft packages including email.
- Able to work collaboratively within a small team and individually.
- Able to use your own initiative to be proactive, to think on your feet and to manage your workload and work without direct supervision.
- Able to respond to different situations in a precise and professional manner.
- Maintain a professional curiosity.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Implementing a rolling timetable of annual review meetings for students in line with statutory frameworks and co-ordinate the inviting of parents and carers, school staff, members of the appropriate Local Authority SEN Team and external agencies to each annual review.
- Working in partnership with parents, carers and other professionals throughout the annual review process. This includes working with colleagues to write the school report for the Annual Review, chairing the Annual Review meeting, sharing the final report and outcomes from the meeting with parents, professionals and the appropriate Local Authority, within statutory time frames.
- To follow up actions as agreed at an Annual Review meeting and to ensure that actions delegated to the Local Authority or other professionals are also completed.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Scheme
Closing date: 9.00 am on Monday 18th May 2020