The Residential Provision – organisation and approach:
The Limpsfield Grange Residential Provision is a small unique setting with a qualified, experienced team who are dedicated to understanding and meeting the complex needs of each young person. The Residential Provision has a child centred approach. Students are regularly consulted on their residential experience, including their care and placement planning; and are supported to make decisions which impact on their lives. We provide a nurturing environment where individuality is respected and where consistency and boundaries help to enable young people to make appropriate choices.
The Limpsfield Grange Residential Provision is an environment where differences are respected and diversity is celebrated.
Our residential students experience multiple successes. Through the delivery of the WACI curriculum, students in the Residential Provision develop an understanding of themselves and others; improve their independence skills; participate in and develop an understanding of the local community; and build successful relationships with their peers and with adults. These skills and knowledge prepare them for a successful transition into their next phase of life.
Residential staff work closely with students, parents, carers and family members as well as a wide range of professionals to meet the needs of each young person.
We aim for our residential students to be:
- Responsible for their actions and learning
- Empowered to actively participate in society to the best of their ability
- Confident, have self-esteem and self-worth
- Equipped with skills for independence and everyday life
- Prepared for, ambitious and positive about their future
- Aware of their own needs and how to access appropriate support in a variety of settings
- Equipped with the skills for building and sustaining successful relationships
We offer weekly boarding, with students staying at school Monday to Friday each week. Students access shared bedrooms, and take part in a wide range of residential activities. Each evening is highly structured and adult led. Students are supervised by residential staff at all times and our staffing ratio is one member of residential staff to six residential students.
Feedback from the residential students regarding their experience includes:
- “Boarding is the best place on earth – nothing can beat boarding.”
- “It’s good fun, you make great friends and you get to do lots of cool activities.”
- “It makes you feel like you’re at home when you’re not.”
- “I like how organised it is.”
- “I love boarding, I’ve made loads of friends.”